27. Jiayu Chen, Xiaowei Luo*, and Hainan Chen, 2017, “High Resolution Occupancy Data Collection through a Wi-Fi and BLE Networks based Indoor Positioning System”, (Under Review)
26. Xing Bin Chen, Tae Wan Kim, and Jiayu Chen*, 2017, “Developing Automated Space-Use Analysis for Flexible Space through Coupled Activity and Space Ontologies”, (Pending)
25. Jiayu Chen*, Ryan Qi Wang, Zhenghang Lin, and Xiaoyang Guo, “Measuring the Cognitive Loads of Construction Safety Sign Designs During Selective and Sustained Attention“, Safety Science, 2018, 105:9-21
24. Wei Wang, Junqi Wang, Jiayu Chen*, Gongsheng Huang, and Xiaoyang Guo, “Multi-zone outdoor air coordination through Wi-Fi probe-based occupancy sensing“, Energy and Buildings, 2018, 159:495-507
23. Wei Wang, Zhenghang Lin, and Jiayu Chen*, “Promoting Energy Efficiency of HVAC Operation in Large Office Spaces with a Wi-Fi Probe enabled Markov Time Window Occupancy Detection Approach“, Energy Procedia, 2017, 143: 204-209 (EI-indexed)
22. Wei Wang, Yilong Han, Jiayu Chen*, and Tao Xu, “An IPS-calibrated Outdoor Air Flow Control Strategy in Multizone Commercial Space“, Energy Procedia, 2017, 142: 1842-1847(EI-indexed)
21. Jiayu Chen and Yongjun Sun*, “A new multiplexed optimization with enhanced performance for complex air conditioning systems“, Energy and Buildings, 2017, 156:85-95
20. Yujie Lu, Nan Zhang, and Jiayu Chen*, “A Behavior-based Decision-making Model for Energy Performance Contracting in Building Retrofit“, Energy and Buildings, 2017, 156:315-326
19. Wei Wang, Jiayu Chen*, Yujie Lu, and Hsi-Hsien Wei, “Energy Conservation through Flexible HVAC Management in Large Spaces: An IPS-based Demand-driven Control (IDC) System“, Automation in Construction, 2017, 83:91-107
18. Wei Wang, Jiayu Chen*, and Xinyi Song, “Modeling and Predicting Occupancy Profile in Office Space with a Wi-Fi Probe-based Dynamic Markov Time-window Inference Approach“, Building and Environment, 2017, 124:130-142
17. Wei Wang, Jiayu Chen*, Gongsheng Huang, and Yujie Lu, “Energy Efficient HVAC Control for IPS-enabled Large Space in Commercial Buildings through Dynamic Spatial Occupancy Distribution“, Applied Energy,2017, 207:305-323
16. Jiayu Chen*, A.Y.T Leung, and Bin Ren, “A hybrid gyroscopic stabilizer for construction tower cranes and gondolas under environmental wind”, Innovation in Construction (Hong Kong CIC Journal), 2017, 3:16-21
15. Longquan Diao, Yongjun Sun, Zejun Chen, and Jiayu Chen*, “Modeling energy consumption in residential buildings: A bottom-up analysis based on occupant behavior pattern clustering and stochastic simulation“, Energy and Buildings, 2017, 147:47-66
14. Tao Xu, Yantong Li, Jiayu Chen*, and Junwan Liu, “Preparation and thermal energy storage properties of LiNO3-KCl-NaNO3/expanded graphite composite phase change material”, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2017, 169:215-221
13. Wei Wang, Yujie Lu, Gongsheng Huang, Xiaowei Luo, and Jiayu Chen*, “HVAC energy saving in IPS-enabled large space: An occupancy distribution based demand-driven control approach”, Energy Procedia, 2017, 105:2084-2089 (EI-indexed)
12. Di Wang, Jiayu Chen*, Dong Zhao, Fei Dai, Changjian Zheng, and Xiaobing Wu, “Monitoring Workers’ Attention and Vigilance in Construction Activities through a Wireless and Wearable Electroencephalography System”, Automation in Construction, 2017, 82:122-137
11. Jiayu Chen* , John E. Taylor and Semra Comu, “Assessing Task Mental Workload in Construction Projects: A Novel Electroencephalography Approach”, ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 2017, 143(8): 04017053
10. Jiayu Chen*, Jun Qiu and Changbum Ahn, “Construction worker’s awkward posture recognition through supervised motion tensor decomposition”, Automation in Construction, 2017, 77:67-81.
9. Zhun Yu, Jiayu Chen , Yongjun Sun* and Guoqiang Zhang, “A GA-based system sizing method for net-zero energy buildings considering multi-criteria performance requirements under parameter uncertainties”, Energy and Buildings, 2016, 129: 524-534.
8. Jiayu Chen*, Xinyi Song and Zhenghang Lin, “Revealing the ‘Invisible Gorilla’ in Construction: Estimating Construction Safety through Mental Workload Assessment”, Automation in Construction ,2016, 63: 163-173.
7. Jiayu Chen* and Zheng Chang, “Rethinking Urban Green Space Accessibility: Evaluating and Optimizing Public Transportation System through Social Network Analysis in Megacities.”, Landscape and Urban Planning, 2015, 143: 150-159.
6. Jiayu Chen and Ahn, C. R.* “Assessing Occupants’ Energy Load Variation through Existing Wireless Network Infrastructure in Commercial and Educational Building.”, Energy and Buildings, 2014, 82: 540-549.
5. A.Y.T. Leung*, H.X. Yang, J.Y. Chen, “Parametric bifurcation of a viscoelastic column subject to axial harmonic force and time-delayed control”, Computers and Structures, 2014, 136:47-55
4. Jiayu Chen and John E. Taylor*, “Modeling Retention loss in Project Networks: Untangling the Combined Effect of Skill Decay and Turnover”, ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering, 2014,30(5): 04014017
3. Jiayu Chen, Rishee Jain and John E. Taylor*, “Block Configuration Modeling: A Novel Simulation Model to Emulate Building Occupant Peer Networks and their Impact on Building Energy Consumption”, Applied Energy, 2013,105:358-368.
2. Jiayu Chen and John E. Taylor*, “Layering Residential Peer Networks and Geospatial Building Networks to Modeling Networks to Model Changes Energy Saving Behaviors”, Energy and Buildings, 2013,58: 151-162.
1. Jiayu Chen, John E. Taylor* and His-Hsien Wei, “Modeling building occupant network energy consumption decision-making: the interplay between network structure and conservation”, Energy and Buildings, 2012, 47: 515-524.
17. Wei Wang, Zhenghang Lin, and Jiayu Chen*, “Promoting Energy Efficiency of HVAC Operation in Large Office Spaces with a Wi-Fi Probe enabled Markov Time Window Occupancy Detection Approach”, World Engineers Summit – Applied Energy Symposium & Forum: Low Carbon Cities & Urban Energy Joint Conference (WES-CUE) 2017, Singapore, July 18–21, 2017
16. Jiayu Chen, Fei Dai and Zejun Chen, “Assessing Construction Workers’ Vigilance Level Through Wearable Electroencephalography System”, Lean & Computing in Construction Congress(LC3) 2017, Crete, Greece, July 4–7, 2017
15. Hamed Nabizadeh Rafsanjania, Changbum Ahn* and Jiayu Chen, “Enhancing Non-Intrusive Occupant Load Monitoring with Occupancy Matrix”, 2017 International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering (IWCCE 2017), Seattle, WA, USA, 25 – 27 Jun 2017 .
14. Isik Ates Kiral, Semra Comu*, Jiayu Chen and John E. Taylor, “Virtual Collaborative Safety Training for the Crane Operations”, 16th International Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality (ConVR 2016), Hong Kong, 11-13 Dec 2016.
13. Jiayu Chen*, Yujie Lu, Gongsheng Huang and Xiaowei Luo, “HVAC energy saving in IPS-enabled large space: An occupancy distribution based demand-driven control approach”, 8th International Conference on Applied Energy – ICAE 2016, Beijing, China, 09-11 Oct 2016.
12. Jiayu Chen* and Zhenghang Lin, “Assessing Working Vulnerability of Construction Labor through EEG signal processing”, 16th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE 2016), Osaka, Japan, 6-8 Jul 2016
11. Jiayu Chen and Xinyi Song“Brain–Computer Interface in Construction Safety Management: A Quantitative Framework”, Construction Research Congress 2016,San Juan, Puerto Rico,May 31–June 2, 2016
10. Wei Wang and Jiayu Chen “Demand-driven HVAC Control in Large Space based on Occupancy Distribution Detection through Indoor Positioning Systems”, CLIMA 2016 – Proceedings of the 12th REHVA World Congress, Aalborg, Denmark, 22-25 May 2016.
9. Ren, B., Leung, A., Chen, J., and Luo, X. “A Hybrid Control Mechanism for Stabilizing a Crane Load under Environmental Wind on a Construction Site”, 2015 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, Austin, USA, 21-23 June 2015 .
8. Jiayu Chen, Xiaowei Luo, Bin Ren, Xinyi Song, “Revealing the ‘Invisible Gorilla’ in Construction: Assessing Mental Workload through Time-frequency Analysis”, The International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction and Mining (ISARC), RIL, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland, 15-18 June 2015.
7. Jiayu Chen, Bin Ren, “Modelling Building Occupants’ Energy Saving behaviour through Multi-Layer Network Simulation”, International Symposium on Energy Challenges and Mechanics, North Sea Conference & Journal LTD, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 8-10 July 2014.
6. Jiayu Chen, Changbum Ahn, SangUk Han, “Detecting the Hazards of Lifting and Carrying in Construction through a Coupled 3D Sensing and IMUs Sensing SystemM”, ICCCBE 2014, Orlando, FL, USA
5. Jiayu Chen and Changbum Ahn, “Assessing Occupants’ Energy-load Variation in Commercial and Educational Buildings: Occupancy Detecting Approach Based upon Existing Wireless Network Infrastructure”, CRC 2014, Atlanta, GA, USA
4. Jiayu Chen, John E. Taylor and His-Hsien Wei “Toward a Building Occupant Network Agent-based Model to Simulate Peer-Induced Energy Conservation Behavior” Winter Simulation Conference (WSC 2011), Phoenix, AZ, USA
3. Zhenghang Lin, Maoshan Qiang, Jiayu Chen and Xinyi Song, “Prior services strategy in entry international construction market – a case study of CICI’s entry strategy”, International Council for Building (CIB 2010), Salford, United Kingdom
2. Zhenghang Lin, Maoshan Qiang and Jiayu Chen, “Classification and Prospects of Chinese International Contractors’ Industry Integration”, International Conference on Management and Service Science (MASS 2010), Wuhan, China
1. Jiayu Chen, John E. Taylor and Hakan Unsal, “Simulating the effect of learning decay on adaptation performance in project networks”, Winter Simulation Conference (WSC 2009), Austin, TX, USA