We are welcome new students and research joining our group. If you are interested , please read the following instruction carefully. Please check the qualification information provided below first and contact me for more information.
Admission and Qualification
The admission of new members are subject to the university regulations, the applicant should contact Dr. Chen first and apply electronically through online application system of the City University of Hong Kong.
For the university level requirements please refer to the Research Degree Admission Handbook.
The BEELab prefers students with
- Good oral and written English
- Programming skills (C++, Java, Python)
- Knowledge of electronics or robots (optional)
- Passion and hard-working spirit
1. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (Deadline: Dec 1, 2013)
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme is Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, and aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
The scheme will provide a monthly stipend of HK$20,000 (approximately US$2,600) and a conference and research related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) per year to each awardee for a period of three years. About 135 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in each academic year. For awardees who need more than three years to complete their PhD studies, additional support may be provided by the chosen institutions.
If you have interest and meet the following requirements, please feel free to contact me for application:
- Excellent academic record. GPA is higher than 3.6 and graduated from a reputable university.
- A TOEFL (ibt) score of 95 or above, or an IELTS score of 7 or above.
- Great research ability/potential. Having papers published in SCI journals or conferences.
- Ability to communicate efficient and working in a team.
2. PhD and Research Assistant/Student Assistant
PhD and Research Assistant/Student Assistant positions are available in the Building Service or Construction Project Management Programs.
To receive the financial assistance from university and college level, you need to meet following requirements (more details refers to the admission handbook):
- Good academic record. GPA is higher than 3.2 and graduated from a reputable university(GPA requirements could be lower).
- A TOEFL (ibt) score of 79 or above, or an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, or a score of 490 in the Chinese mainland’s College English Test Band 6.
- Great research ability/potential.
- Ability to communicate efficient and working hard.
You are highly encouraged to apply these programs, if you have experience in computer vision, image processing, pattern recognition and robot design. Please send Dr. Chen your CV if you have good background and great passion in research.
3. Postdoctoral Fellow/ Research Fellow
If you hold a PhD degree in computer science, information technology or related area and have a good communication skills in English, you are highly recommended to apply this position. You should also have some experience in proposal writing and a good record of journal publication.
4. Applicants from US
Applicants from US are also welcome to join our group. Except above assistantships, please also consider to apply Fulbright Scholarship.